Search & Win

About Me

My photo
I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world, and I have a beautiful stepson that I love with all my heart.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oatmeal That Tastes Like Peanut Butter Cookies...

I love oatmeal.  In fact, it's just about the only cereal I will eat in the mornings, period.  I also love peanut butter (but not as much as my Greg does, trust me).  As I was making my morning oatmeal the other day, I was trying to figure out how to get some protein in my breakfast without adding more carbs, when it hit me--peanut butter has carbs.  Why not add it to the oatmeal?  Yeah!

The final product was yummy--as Greg and I have proclaimed it, "a peanut butter cookie in a bowl."  Here's the concoction for each serving:

  • 1 serving hot, cooked old-fashioned oats (don't use instant--ugh!)
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter (we used chunky)
  • sweetener of choice to equal 2 tsp of sugar (I used a mix of stevia and splenda, as they are natural sweeteners, but don't mess with a diabetic's blood sugar)

Just add the peanut butter and sweetener to the hot oatmeal and stir well.   It has about 350 calories, 20 grams of fat (GOOD fat), and 35 carbs.  Sounds like a lot, but you get waaaay more than that in a fast food breakfast, right? right.




1 comment:

Eric S. said...

You'd love this peanut butter we got from a roadside store in Wisconsin a couple weeks back.

It's all natural, and has wild blueberries in it. Oh, and Julie got some that had dark chocolate and honey in it.

It was good. ;)