Search & Win

About Me

My photo
I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world, and I have a beautiful stepson that I love with all my heart.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

The More Frail They Are, the Harder They Fall...

Got a call at 5:30 this morning; didn't wake me--I had been up since 3:30.  It was my mama--she had fallen on her porch and dragged herself into the house to call us for help.  I woke up Greg and we rushed over.

When we arrived at her house, there were small puddles of blood on her porch--this worried me so much.  I hurried in and there she sat at the dining room table--she looked so pitiful.  Her left forearm was badly skinned up (there was at least a 4 x 5" laceration), she was shaking, and she had a HUGE knot swelling up over her left eye.   She also said that her left hip was hurting quite a bit.

Greg, bless his soul, bandaged her arm up while I packed her things and we took them and the dog to our house.  Then we proceeded with mama to the emergency room. 

About 4 hours later we came back to our house.  Her hip is not broken (Thank God!!), but she is badly banged up.  What she thought was causing her to get dizzy and fall is not inner ear, but in fact may be a malfuction of her pacemaker.  She is on a holter monitor for 24 hours to see if we can figure out what is happening.

She is so strong...I cannot believe all she has been through.  I only hope I can be as strong as she is when I am her age.

2 comments:

Eric S. said...

I hope she's feeling well now and she gets better soon. :)

Mrs. Hillis said...

Thanks, Eric. She's doing better, but has a long way to go.