Search & Win

About Me

My photo
I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world, and I have a beautiful stepson that I love with all my heart.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Coffee and Scones on a Saturday...

Saturday morning, and all is well. Greg is getting ready for work at the Pool Shoppe. I've been up since five or so. I made scones and coffee for breakfast (which, for those who don't know, are triangle-shaped English biscuits).

I've completed my first week with my English II students, mostly 10th graders. They are such wonderful students. Like all teenagers, they love to talk, but nothing out of the ordinary. I've only had to have assigned seats for one class so far, and they have until the end of the month to gain a reprieve.

It's so good to be back in the classroom! My fellow teachers (well, those that are my friends and bother to talk to me) say that I am my "old self" again. It's true; this year is so, so different from last year. This time last year I was dealing with so many things: yearbook, mama being sick, my being sick (although I didn't realize it)...this year yearbook is no longer my problem (YES!), mama is much better (thank you Jesus!!), and I have had an almost-complete recovery. I am able to focus on my students and being a better teacher.

I'm able to take care of things at work and at home now, and it's awesome. This time last year, poor Greg had to work and then try to do the things I couldn't do. Now I'm able to be the wife I promised to be, and we're just able to relax and enjoy each other. He comes to my classroom to see me at least once during the school day (he works on the other side of the building), and the girls in my classes always giggle and go "awwww" over us and tell us how in love we look. We can't hide it, I guess...

We've fallen into such a comfortable rhythm with our daily routines...morning coffee and breakfast together, riding to work, little moments during the day, our drive home, making dinner together, and lately spending the evening snuggled up watching TV and talking about this and that. It's true that when you find the one you love them more as time goes on.

Well, time to tackle the mountain of laundry waiting for me in the sunroom. Have a great weekend, all.

1 comment:

Eric S. said...

I'll have to go "aww" as well.

Comfortable is a wonderful thing.
You know how happy I am for both of you.

Enjoy these days. :)